Prior to the North transept being converted into a chapel, the window in this transept was gifted by the Ceylon Mounted Infantry and the stained glass therein was a gift in memory of Owen Morgan. This transept was converted into a chapel and was dedicated as the Chapel of the Good Shepherd on St. Andrew’s Day in 1908.
This chapel was covered by a beautifully carved wooden screen of conventional motifs of ecclesiastical design and interwoven arches. This screen was moved to the Lady Chapel and was replaced in 1946 by a valuable Sinhalese open-work wooden screen of flowered design, a gift from W. R. Hancock. This beautiful screen is, again, a tribute to the Sinhalese carpenter’s craft.